Time: 45 minutes Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tblsp coconut oil or other good quality fat
- 500g chorizo sausages, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch kale leaves, coarsley chopped
- 2x400g tins whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tspn sweet paprika
- 1 tspn smoked paprika
- 1/2 tspn ground cumin
- 1 tspn sea salt
- 1 tspn harissa
- 4 organic free-range eggs
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Heat 1 tblsp coconut oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook until browned on both sides (3-4 minutes).
- Transfer the chorizo to a plate lined with paper towel, and discard the oil from the pan (but do not rinse the pan).
- Add 1 tblsp of coconut oil and the onion to the pan. Saute over medium heat for 2 minutes, then add garlic, paprika and cumin and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add kale and cook, stirring until leaves brighten in colour and begin to wilt.
- Return the chorizo to the pan, then add the tinned tomatoes and harissa, and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow the sauce to simmer over a medium-low heat for 15 minutes to slightly thicken and allow the flavours to develop.
- Spoon the chorizo mix evenly into 4 shallow, ovenproof baking dishes (approx 310ml capacity), then add 2 cherry tomato halves into each dish. Make a small well in the centre and break and egg into the hole. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped coriander, if desired.
- Recipe sourced from ‘The Paleo Way 10 Week Activation Program’ by Pete Evans