Time: 2 hours slow cooker or 25 mins stovetop Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- 4 cups almond milk (or preferred milk)
- 2 apples, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 tblsp dates, finely chopped
- 2 tblsp dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tblsp chia seeds
- honey, to serve
- raspberries and slivered almonds, to serve
- If using a slow cooker, put all the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours.
- If using the stovetop, place milk, apples, dried fruit, vanilla bean and seeds into a saucepan over low heat. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the quinoa flakes and chia seeds and cook for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Remove the vanilla bean and serve with a drizzle of honey, raspberries and almonds.