Time: Prep 15 minutes, Cook 1-2 hours Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- 2 lamb shanks or lamb neck chops
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 1 litre beef stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh rosemary and parsley if you have it
- whatever vegies you have eg; 2 carrots, 2 celery sticks, parsnip, sweet potato, zucchini, silverbeet
- Heat oil on medium and fry garlic, onion, rosemary and lamb until meat is lightly browned.
- Add all other ingredients, except zucchini, silverbeet and parsley.
- Add enough water to cover everything (amount depends if you prefer thin or thick soup).
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Towards the end of cooking, take lamb out and finely cut all meat off the bones.
- Return lamb to the pot, along with zucchini, silverbeet and parsley.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Enjoy on it’s own or with some crusty bread!