Time: 1 hour Serves: 10 Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 tblsp butter
- 1 tblsp coconut sugar
- 1 tspn bicarb soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup SR flour (Gluten free or buckwheat flour works well too. Add 2 tspn baking powder if using buckwheat or plain flour.)
- 1 tspn ground ginger (optional)
- Combine dates, butter, sugar, bicarb soda and boiling water in a bowl. Mix well and allow to cool.
- Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/160 degrees fan forced.
- Add flour and ginger to cooled mixture and mix well.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.