Time: 1.5 hours Serves: 12 Difficulty: Easy
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbsp cacao
- water, as needed
- 1/4 cup nut butter (such as almond or peanut)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of pink or himalayan salt
- You can decorate the tart in any way that appeals to you…here are a few ideas – desiccated coconut, crushed almonds and pistachios, cacao nibs or grated dark chocolate.
- Grease a tart pan with coconut oil and sprinkle an even coat of desiccated coconut on top to prevent the base sticking to the tin.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, mix all the base ingredients until well combined. Transfer to the pan, pushing down, ensuring that the mixture is nice and compact. Place in fridge while making the filling.
- In your processor or blender, mix all the filling ingredients until well combined and a creamy texture is formed. You may need to keep scraping the sides down as you process. Place the filling on top of the base and spread it evenly. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Once caramel has hardened, top with desired toppings. Store in fridge and remove 10 minutes before serving (it needs to soften slightly to make slicing it easier). Enjoy!