Time: 45 minutes Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 400gm tin diced tomatoes
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tblsp tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- handful of any fresh herbs from the garden or 1 tspn mixed herbs
- Heat oil in large saucepan and add celery, carrot, onion and garlic. Cook on medium for about 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the lentils and mix through. Add stock, tomatoes, tomato paste and herbs. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes. You may need to add a little water during cooking if the mixture becomes too thick.
- In the meantime, boil the water for your spaghetti (or zucchini noodles) and cook until al dente.
- Once sauce is cooked, season with salt and pepper. Serve with the spaghetti. Garnish with fresh parsley or parmesan cheese (or both!).