Time: 15 mins prep Makes: 10-12 muffins Difficulty: Moderate
- 200g Self Raising Flour (Gluten free works well)
- 75g Cacao powder
- 250g (4 beets) Cooked Beetroot Pureed
- 2 Eggs
- 200ml Coconut Oil/Rice Bran Oil
- 170g Coconut Sugar
- Preheat oven to 170 celsius for fan forced ovens or 190 deg for non.
- Peel and chop beetroot and add to boiling water. Cook until soft and puree in blender.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and use a fork to whisk in the oil.
- Add the beetroot to the beaten eggs and oil and whisk well.
- Add the beetroot mixture to the dry ingredients and mix everything together until it is ‘just’ mixed.
- Line a 12 mould muffin tray with muffin cases. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are well risen.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and put on a wire rack to cool.