Time: 1 hour Serves: 2-4 Difficulty: Easy
- 400g can chickpeas
- 270ml can coconut cream
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 3 tblsp tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tspn crushed ginger
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tspn coriander powder
- 1 tspn cumin powder
- 1 tspn turmeric powder
- 1/2 tspn garam masala powder
- 2 tblsp water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1/2 cauliflower, chopped
- small head of brocolli, chopped
- Fry onion, garlic, ginger and oil in a large saucepan until onions become transparent.
- Mix spices together with water to make a paste.
- Add spices to onion mix and fry for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add drained and rinsed chickpeas and stir until chickpeas are coated with the spice mix.
- Add coconut cream and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, cauliflower, tomato paste and stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for around 25 minutes until vegetable have softened. If mixture is becoming dry, add more stock or water.
- Add the broccoli and simmer for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with rice if desired. Also delicious with fresh coriander/chilli on top!