Time: 1 hour 15 min Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) vegetable stock
- 200g pumpkin, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium parsnip, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Heat oil on medium, then add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and carrot and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato, stock, pumpkin and parsnip. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 40 minutes, adding some water if needed.
- Add the zucchini, beans and kale to the pot and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
*As always, substitute ingredients for whatever you have on hand. In the pictured soup, I used cauliflower instead of parsnip and four bean mix instead of cannellini beans.